An Osogbo Magistrates’ Court has remanded 39-year-old Abdullai Jubril over a seven-count charge of alleged reckless driving and related offences in Osun State.

An Osogbo Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday ordered the remand of a 39-year-old man, Abdullai Jubril, over a seven-count charge bordering on alleged reckless driving.

Jubril pleaded not guilty to the charges when he appeared before Magistrate Dr Muibah Olatunji.

Police Prosecutor, ASP Jacob Akintunde, told the court that the defendant allegedly committed the offences on August 16 at MRS Filling Station along the Ife-Ibadan Expressway, Ikire, Osun State.

According to the prosecutor, Jubril was allegedly driving without a valid driver’s licence, certificate of insurance and duty permit.

Akintunde further alleged that the defendant had previously been involved in a reckless-driving incident in Lagos that resulted in the death of a 70-year-old man before his arrest.

The prosecutor told the court that the alleged offences contravened Sections 18 of Cap. 146 and 18 of Cap. 115, Vol. II, of the Criminal Code Laws of Osun State, 2003.

After hearing the prosecution’s submission, Magistrate Olatunji ordered that Jubril be remanded at the Ile-Ife Correctional Centre pending further proceedings.

The magistrate adjourned the matter until August 26.

Olatunji also directed that the case be transferred to the Magistrates’ Court in Ikire, where the alleged offences reportedly occurred.

The defendant’s plea of not guilty means the allegations remain unproven, and the prosecution will be required to establish the charges against him in court.

The case highlights the legal consequences associated with alleged dangerous driving and operating a vehicle without required documentation, particularly where such conduct is alleged to have endangered other road users.

Visit GMTNewsng for more news stories.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here